Top 10 Things I Am Thankful For During Prematurity Awareness Month
As Prematurity Awareness Month (November) comes to an end, I wanted to share some personal thoughts and photos with those of you who have been part of lives and supporting us this year. I had a year in which I have so many things to be thankful for:
- I am thankful for my husband and four children who make me smile every day and who were so patient while I was writing our memoir and promoting it.
- I am thankful for my daughter Joy, my miracle micro preemie, who defied the odds and who constantly surprises both her doctors and I with how amazing she is.
- I am thankful for supportive parents and in-laws who continuously help us so that all of the kids get to where they need to be.
- I am thankful for my wonderful cousins who are just as close to me as sisters would be if I had any.
- I am thankful to all of the specialists who come to our home to work with Joy to help her meet her milestones on time.
- I am thankful to the administrators in my school district who have allowed me to take off almost two years to care for Joy without even questioning it.
- I am thankful to my closest girlfriends who are my constant sounding boards.
- I am thankful that I live in America, which allowed both me and my daughter to get the best medical care possible, saving both of our lives.
- I am forever thankful to Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital in New York for taking such great care of my preemie princess for 121 days since I was not capable of doing so.
- I am thankful to be alive and able to give thanks this year!
So, as some of us enter the craziness of Christmas (we just put our tree up) and others are celebrating Hanukkah, let’s not forget all of those little babies that were born too early and support them in some way, by also celebrating Prematurity Awareness Month, also known as November!
Happy Holidays to you all and thank you for all of your support!
All preemies are miracles!
Love, The Degl Family